Updated May 5, 2020
Re: Update on Coronavirus Response & Preparedness
Dear Cadia Residents, Family Members, Loved Ones, Business Partners, and Community Members:
This letter is to provide you with an update on our response and preparedness to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Cadia Healthcare has taken the threat of COVID-19 seriously and has been able to mitigate the spread of the virus inside of our Facilities by striving for the highest level of precaution to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Our Facilities have been proactive and have undertaken to adhere to federal and state guidance on mitigating risk of COVID-19 to our residents and staff members. Our safety precautions include:
- Restricting access to permit only essential healthcare providers in our Facilities;
- Conduct screenings of all essential healthcare providers for fever and symptoms of COVID-19;
- Education for essential workers and residents on Infection Control, including COVID-19;
- Providing all staff the supplies necessary to adhere to CDC’s Infection Prevention and Control Practices recommendations;
- Requiring residents to shelter in place and cancelling all social activities including restricting access to the dining hall;
- Evaluate residents every shift for fever and symptoms of COVID-19;
- Testing symptomatic residents for COVID-19; and
- Creating a separate isolation unit for those residents with or who are suspected to have COVID-19
Our efforts will continue until the COVID-19 pandemic is contained. Our clinical team and medical directors are working closely with local and state health officials about the appropriate steps to serve the best interests of our patients, residents, and staff. Cadia Healthcare cares for its residents and staff and has systems in place to protect everyone in our care. Our dedicated healthcare team will keep you updated of confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases on our website at cadiahealthcare.com. As always, if you have questions please direct them to the Facility Administrator and the Director of Nursing at the Center.
Executive Vice President of Cadia Healthcare